‘Orunodoi’ or Arunodoi Scheme is a new scheme of the Government of Assam is launched on 2nd October 2020. Under ‘Orunodoi’, monetary benefits has been envisaged for more than 24 lac poor household in the state. The schematic benefit has been enhanced from 830/- to Rs. 1000/ Women. They will receive the amount on the first day of every month, starting from October 2020. Women being the primary caretakers of the family are kept as beneficiaries of the scheme. ‘Orunodoi’ scheme will provide Financial Assistance of Rs. 1000 per month through Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) scheme to around 19.10 Lakh Families in the state.
“It is an ambitious and momentous step towards socio-economic empowerment. Assam’s 19.10 lakhs families to get Rs. 1000 PM in their bank accounts.”
The District Level Monitoring Committee may devise modalities for preparing the list of eligible beneficiaries strictly as per the Guidelines. The preliminary selection of the beneficiaries will be done at the level of Gaon Panchayat(GP) Village Council Development Committee (VCDC)Urban Local Body (ULB) based on eligibility/ineligibility conditions.
An undertaking cum checklist of the eligibility/ineligibility conditions has been prepared for use at GP / VCDC / ULB level which is attached at Annexure ‘A’. Only one such undertaking cum checklist should be prepared against each proposed beneficiary household.
The selection list for the Arunodoi Scheme 2020 will be released by the Government of Assam from 17th August 2020. And the applicants who got selected under the Arunodoi Scheme 2020 will receive funds through the Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode to the bank account of the nominated woman of the family.
Government of Assam will provide monthly financial assistance to the eligible beneficiaries for procuring medicines, pulses, and sugar wherein Rs 400 per family per month is to be given to each beneficiary family for procuring medicines for taking care of their health needs, Rs 200 per family per month to provide for 50% subsidy for the 4 Kgs of pulses a family consumes in a month and Rs 80 per month per family which will effectively subsidize 50% of the monthly expenditure they will spend on the 4 Kgs of sugar that they will purchase for the house every month. Separately, Rs 150 per family per month would be provided for the purchase of essential fruits and vegetables over and beyond what they grow in their homestead farms. The medical and nutritional support will have a consolidated inflow of Rs 830 per month to a family.
1) The Assam govt. run this Scheme for those women who belong to the low-income groups of society to support them financially.
2) Orunodoi Scheme is also known as Arunodoi Scheme, in which the government makes this plan of action especially to support household women and having low income, so the government provides those families “Substantial Earnings Assistance”.
3) Each Beneficiary will get 1000 Rupees per month on the very first date of Every Month.
The Assam Orunodoi 2.0 Scheme covers the Expenses for Medicines for taking care of Health needs which is 400 rupees per family, Rs. 200 per family given to provide a 50% subsidy for the 4 Kgs of Pulses of a Family, 80 rupees are given as the 50% Subsidy for 4 Kgs Sugar, 150 rupees are given for the Fruits & Vegetables and Rs. 170 are given for the Essential needs. And this amount is Consolidated to Rs. 1000 per month for a family.
1) Ex PRI Member having annual income less than 2 lakhs.
2) To be a beneficiary of Orunodoi Asoni you need to be and Women.
3) Family living in Kutcha House in villages.
4) The priority has been given for the Widow Women, Separate Female, Physically Handicap Person, Unmarried Girls(age more than 35 years) etc. at the time of selection of beneficiary for Assam Orunodoi Asoni.
5) The family having maximum 15 Bigha of land in village is also eligible for the Scheme.
Step 01: The only way to apply for this scheme is through Application Form.
Step 02: To take benefit of the scheme, the family has to nominate a woman from their home.
Step 03: Then all the information of the nominated woman will have to be filled in the Application Form as follows:
• Block/ULB Name.
• Gram Panchayat/Town Name.
• Village Name/Ward Number.
• Locality in Town.
• Applicant First Name.
• Applicant Middle Name.
• Applicant Last Name.
• Age as on 01.04.2020.
• House Number.
• Police Station Name.
• Pin Code.
• Contact/Mobile Number.
• Relationship Status.
• Priority Status: D – Divorced, S – Separated, W – Widow, DY – Divyang.
Bank Account Details:
• IFSC Code.
• Bank Name.
• Bank Branch Name.
• Bank Account Number.
• Annual Family Income.
Documents to be Attached:
• Bank Passbook First Page. (Yes or No).
• Priority Supporting Documents. (Yes or No).
• Any Other Document. (Yes or No).
Step 04: The duly filled Application Form by the applicant shall be submitted to his/her nearest Urban Local Body Office or in a Gram Panchayat Office.
Step 05: After submission of the Application Form, an acknowledgement slip will be given to the applicant by the Urban Local Body or Gram Panchayat Office.
Step 06: This acknowledgement slip will be the proof that the Applicant’s Application Form has been submitted.
Step 07: Then then various level committees will scrutinize the applications received and verify them thoroughly.
Step 08: After thorough verification, the list of selected and eligible beneficiaries will be uploaded on the portal and they will get the amount transferred to their bank accounts on the first day of every month.
1) Aadhaar Card
2) PAN card
3) Domicile of Assam
4) Bank Account
5) Bank Passbook
6) 2 Photos
7) Mobile number
8) Ration card
9) Income certificate
10) Self-declaration form
11) Identity Card
12) Voter id card
13) Age Proof