Bima Yojna- Direct Benefit to artisans scheme is proposed to support the artisans during their old age. The scheme is designed to give a boost to the handicraft sector in India.
Nature of assistance:
Assistance from the government may be either in the form of a monthly allowance, or lump sum grant, or both. In no case, however, shall the assistance exceed Rs. 8000/- (Rupees Eight thousand only) per month.
Assistance from the government may be either in the form of monthly allowance or lump sum grant or both. In no case however shall the assistance exceed Rs. 8,000/- (Rs. Eight thousand only) per month.
- Master craftspersons who are the recipient of Shilp Guru Awards, National Awards or Merit Certificates or State Awards or any other bigger award than above will be eligible for being considered for financial assistance.
- The annual income of the artisan should not exceed Rs.1,00,000/- (Rs. One lakh only) in the preceding financial year.
- The applicant should not be a recipient of similar financial assistance from any other source.
- Every financial year, the master craftsperson has to submit an income certificate and an affidavit in prescribed format duly countersigned by 1st Class Magistrate for seeking the financial support. After death of the master craftsperson, the financial support would be stopped.
- The artisan should not be less than 60 years of age on the date of application. Age may be relaxed in case of artisans with disabilities.
- The age relaxation is applicable in the case of artisans with disabilities subject to submission of the Certificate issued by the appropriate authority.
- If there is any gap in extending the financial support due to non-submission of income certificate / enhancement of income criteria, the applicant has to apply as a fresh application for according the financial support.
Handicraft artisan registered with the office of DC (H) having valid photo identity card and such other conditions as deemed fit. The artisans should submit the application form duly filled in all respect to the nearest Handicrafts Service Centre for recommendation of loan or directly to the bank for availing MUDRA loan.
- Aadhaar Card
- Artisan ID Proof
- Birth Certificate
- Bank Account Details
- Passport Size Photograph