Objectives and Coverages
- The Scheme aims at recognizing and promoting quality education amongst students belonging to SCs, by providing financial support. The Scheme will cover SC students for pursuing studies beyond 12th class.
- The Scheme will operate in all the institutions notified by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment for FY 2023-24 to 2025-26.
- The scholarship, once awarded, will continue till the completion of the course, subject to satisfactory performance of the student.
- Those SC students having total annual family income from all sources up to Rs. 8.00 lakh and having secured admission in a full-time prescribed course in any of the notified institutions.
- Fresh scholarship will be awarded only to 1st year students. Students of 2nd/3rd/4th year will not be eligible for selection for fresh scholarship.
- Thirty percent (30%) of slots allotted to the Institution shall be reserved for eligible SC girl students as per their inter-se merit.
The SC students, who secure admission in the notified institutions, will be awarded scholarship to meet the requirements for :
- full tuition fee and non-refundable charges (there will be a ceiling of Rs. 2.00 lakh per annum per student for private sector institutions
- Academic allowance of Rs. 86,000 in the first year of study and Rs. 41,000 in every subsequent year, to take care of living expenses, books and stationery, computer/laptop of reputed brand with accessories like UPS and printer, etc.