The scheme “Maintenance of Pregnant Desi/Indigenous Cow/Buffalo Ration Scheme for BPL families belonging to Scheduled Caste category” was launched by the Department of Animal Husbandry, Government of Himachal Pradesh. Under this scheme, cattle feed to the pregnant cows and buffaloes of BPL families belonging to the Scheduled Caste category will be provided on a 50% subsidy for the last trimester (three months) of pregnancy.
- Increase in milk production thereby providing more economic gains to the farmers.
- To reduce the inter-calving period which will ultimately result in more calves and higher milk production.
- To improve the health of pregnant cows & buffaloes so that their full milk production potential can be realized after parturition.
- To ensure the birth of healthy calves free of diseases and malnutrition so that they grow to become higher-producing animals.
- As the incentive is being given to Desi/Indigenous cows and buffaloes, the farmers can be motivated to rear such animals.
- A balanced ration will be provided @ 3kg/day/cow for three months (last trimester of pregnancy).
- The cost will be shared by the Govt. and beneficiary on a 50:50 basis.
- The cost of feed will depend upon the tender/approved rates.
- Families belonging to BPL of Scheduled Caste category rearing Desi/Indigenous cows or buffaloes will be provided a balanced ration @ 3kg/day/cow or buffalo for a maximum of two animals for three months during the last trimester of pregnancy at 50% subsidy.
- After feeding a balanced ration during the last trimester of pregnancy, milk production increase by 2 liter/day.
- With assumption that during lactation of 300 days, the farmer will market this milk at @ 30/liter, his income will increase by Rs.18000/year (Approx.).
- The beneficiary should be a permanent resident of Himachal Pradesh.
- Livestock owners belonging to BPL of Scheduled Caste category families rearing Desi/Indigenous/crossbred cows or buffaloes are eligible under the scheme.
- The subsidy will be provided to each BPL of Scheduled Caste category families for a maximum of up to two Desi/Indigenous cows/their crosses or buffaloes.
Step 01: Visit the official website of the concerned department of the Government of Himachal Pradesh. (https://hpahdbt.hp.gov.in/Home/Index)
Step 02: Look for the scheme for Pregnant Desi/Indigenous Cow/Buffalo Ration Scheme for BPL Families Belonging To SC Category.
Step 03: Read the guidelines and eligibility criteria of the scheme carefully. Further, agree with the terms & conditions and click on ‘Apply Now’.
Step 04: Fill out the application form for the scheme, which is available online at (https://hpahdbt.hp.gov.in/Home/MaintenanceCowBuffaloRationSchemeUnderScsp)
Step 05: Attach all the necessary documents as required for the scheme, such as proof of BPL status, land documents, and bank account details.
Step 06: For submitting the application form, click on ‘Submit’.
Step 07: Check the status & follow up with the concerned department to track the status of the application.
Note 01: Farmers need to keep a copy of the application form and documents submitted for future reference.
Note 02: Farmers should ensure that they comply with the guidelines and regulations of the scheme to ensure that they are eligible for the benefits of the scheme.
- Copy of Bank Passbook,
- BPL Certificate,
- Pregnancy Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Residence proof
Note: Files size should be less than or equal to 200 KB and must be in pdf or jpg.