Under the MMKSY scheme, women farmers in Gujarat are provided with financial assistance and training to help them enhance their agricultural productivity and income. The scheme aims to provide a holistic approach towards the development of women farmers, including improving their access to inputs, credit, technology, and market.
Some of the key components of the scheme include:
- Providing financial assistance for farm activities, such as purchasing agricultural inputs, seeds, equipment, etc.
- Providing training and capacity building for women farmers to enhance their skills and knowledge.
- Encouraging the formation of women farmer groups and providing support for their collective activities.
- Providing access to credit for women farmers through various financial institutions.
- Providing market linkages and support for marketing their produce.
- Financial Assistance: The scheme provides financial assistance to women farmers for various farm activities like purchasing inputs, seeds, equipment, etc. This helps in improving their agricultural productivity and income.
- Training and Capacity Building: The scheme offers training and capacity-building programs to women farmers to enhance their skills and knowledge about modern agricultural practices. This helps in improving their productivity and income.
- Access to Credit: The scheme aims to provide easy access to credit to women farmers through various financial institutions. This helps in reducing their dependency on moneylenders and promotes financial inclusion.
- Women Farmers: Only women farmers are eligible to apply for the scheme. Women farmers who own or operate agricultural land are eligible to apply.
- Resident of Gujarat: Only women farmers who are residents of Gujarat are eligible to apply.
- Age Criteria: There is no specific age limit for the scheme. Women farmers of all age groups can apply.
- Income Criteria: There is no specific income criteria for the scheme. However, preference is given to women farmers who belong to economically weaker sections.
- Land Holding: Women farmers who own or operate agricultural land are eligible to apply. The size of the landholding is not a criterion for eligibility.
- Registration: Women farmers have to register themselves with the Department of Agriculture and Co-operation to apply for the scheme.
- Group Formation: Women farmers can also form groups and apply for the scheme collectively..
- Government employees are not allowed to apply to the scheme.
- The student obtaining benefits under this scheme shall not be allowed to avail of benefits under any other scheme for this purpose.
- Visit the nearest government agriculture office or village panchayat office to obtain the application form for MMKSY.
- Fill in the application form with all the required details such as personal information, landholding details, agricultural activities, etc.
- Attach all the necessary documents, such as land ownership documents, identity proof, and bank account details, along with the application form.
- Submit the application form along with the documents to the government agriculture office or village panchayat office.
- After submission, the application will be verified by the concerned authorities, and financial assistance will be provided to eligible women farmers.
List of required documents
- Aadhaar Card: Applicants are required to provide their Aadhaar card as proof of identity and residency.
- Land Documents: Women farmers who own or operate agricultural land have to provide the relevant land documents as proof of ownership or lease.
- Bank Account Details: Applicants are required to provide their bank account details to receive financial assistance under the scheme.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable): Women farmers belonging to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes, Other Backward Classes, or other marginalized groups may have to provide their caste certificate as proof of eligibility.
- Income Certificate (if applicable): Applicants may have to provide their income certificate as proof of eligibility for the scheme.
- Passport size photograph: Applicants may have to provide their passport-size photograph for the application form.
- Registration Certificate: Applicants have to provide their registration certificate from the Department of Agriculture and Co-operation.