National Housing Bank has released notification for recruitment of candidates to the post of Assistant Manager. Check syllabus, exam pattern given below and prepare accordingly.
NHB Assistant Manager Selection Process
Online examination will consist of both Objective and Descriptive Tests. Objective Tests for 200 marks will be of 3 hours duration consisting of 4 sections. The objective test will have separate timing for each section. The details of online test structure will be as follows
For JMGS-I, Assistant Manager (Generalist)
|Section||Total Questions||Maximum Marks||Medium of Exam||Type of Questions||Time allotted|
|Reasoning and Computer Aptitude||45||60||English & Hindi||Objective||60 minutes|
|General Awareness (with special focus on Economy & Banking) and Computer Knowledge.||50||50||English & Hindi||40 minutes|
|English Language||25||30||English||35 minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||60||English & Hindi||45 minutes|
|English Letter Writing & Essay||02||25||English||Descriptive||30 minutes|
NHB Assistant Manager Descriptive Test
- Descriptive Test is a test of English Language for 25 marks.
- Test will be of 30 minutes duration consisting of two parts Letter Writing and Essay.
- Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer. Descriptive Test will commence immediately after completion of the Objective Test.
- Descriptive Test is of qualifying nature and candidates have to secure minimum score in the Descriptive Test.
- Evaluation of Descriptive Test paper is subject to candidate attaining minimum marks in Objective Test.
NHB Assistant Manager Negative Marking
- Each question in Objective Tests will have five alternative choices, out of which one will be the correct answer.
- There will be a penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. For every wrong answer marked, one fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score.
- If a question is left blank, i.e. no answer is marked by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
NHB Assistant Manager Scores
- The corrected scores obtained by each of the candidates in different sessions (if held) will be normalized using equi-percentile method (if required).
- Scores up to two decimal points shall be taken for the purpose of calculations.
NHB Assistant Manager Cut-off Score (Online Examination):
Each candidate will be required to obtain a minimum score in each section of the Objective Test and also a minimum total score to be considered to be shortlisted for interview. Descriptive Test is of qualifying nature and marks scored in the same shall not be considered for shortlisting of candidate to interview. However, the candidate has to secure minimum score in the Descriptive Test. Evaluation of Descriptive Test paper is subject to candidate attaining minimum marks in Objective Test.
Depending on the number of vacancies available, cut-offs will be decided, and candidates will be shortlisted for interview. Prior to the completion of the selection process, scores obtained in the online examination and interview phases will not be shared with the candidates.
NHB Assistant Manager Phase II – Interview
A category wise merit list will be prepared on the basis of the aggregate marks scored in the Objective Test. The minimum aggregate cut off marks for being shortlisted for Interview will be decided by the Bank in relation to the number of vacancies. Roll No. of the candidates shortlisted for interview will be published on NHB website.
Interviews will be conducted at NHB head office in New Delhi ONLY. Details regarding time & date of Interview will be informed to the shortlisted candidates in the e-Call Letter. Candidates are required to download their interview e-Call Letters from the official website of NHB www.nhb.org.in . Please note that any request regarding change in date, time, centre etc. of interview will not be entertained.
However, the Bank reserves the right to change the date/ time/ centre etc. of interview or hold supplementary process for particular date/ session/ centre/ set of candidates at its discretion, under unforeseen circumstances, if any. Candidate may opt for interview either in Hindi or English.
Total marks allotted for Interview is 50. The minimum qualifying marks in interview will be as decided by the Bank. The weightage (ratio) of Online Examination and Interview will be 80:20 respectively. Final Selection will be through merit list which will be prepared by adding marks secured by candidates in Online Examination and Interview. A candidate should qualify both in the online examination and interview and be sufficiently high in the merit to make into the Final selection list.
NHB Assistant Manager Syllabus – Reasoning and Computer Aptitude
- Verbal reasoning
- Seating arrangement
- Blood relations
- Coding and decoding
- Basic security concepts
- Binary language coding
- Computer Abbreviations and Terminology
- Keyboard shortcuts
- Logic gates
- Operating systems
- Storage and memory
NHB Assistant Manager Syllabus – General Awareness and Computer Knowledge
- Current affairs
- Economic survey
- Banking and Finance
- Financial terms
- People in news
- Email and Microsoft Office
- Computer network
- History and generation of computers
NHB Assistant Manager English Language Syllabus
- Fill in the blanks
- Paragraph completion
- Error spotting
- Idioms and Phrases
NHB Assistant Manager Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus
- Ratio and proportion
- Data interpretation
- Mensuration and Geometry
- Profit and loss
- Number series
- Speed, distance, and time
- Permutation and combination
- Mixture and allegations
- Linear and quadratic equations