PM Vishwakarma is a new scheme and envisages to provide end-to-end holistic support to the traditional artisans and craftspeople in scaling up of their conventional products and services. PM Vishwakarma will be funded entirely by the Centre with an outlay of Rs 13,000 crore.
PM Vishwakarma Scheme Amount
Under the scheme, the artisans can register in the PM Vishwakarma portal using biometrics. They will be provided recognition through PM Vishwakarma certificate and ID card, skill upgradation involving basic and advanced training, toolkit incentive of ₹15,000, collateral-free credit support up to ₹1 lakh (first tranche) and ₹2 lakh (second tranche) at a concessional interest rate of 5%, incentive for digital transactions and marketing support.
- Recognition: Recognition as Vishwakarma through Certificate and ID Card
- a. Skill Verification followed by 5-7 days (40 hours) Basic Training
- b. Interested candidates can also enroll for 15 days (120 hours) Advanced Training
- c. Training Stipend: Rs 500 per day
- Toolkit Incentive: Rs 15,000 grant
- Credit Support:
- a. Collateral free Enterprise Development Loans: Rs 1 lakh (First Tranche for 18 months repayment) & Rs 2 lakh (Second Tranche for 30 months repayment)
- b. Concessional Rate of Interest: 5% to be charged from the beneficiary with Interest Subvention cap of 8% to be paid by MoMSME
- c. Credit Guarantee fees to be borne by GoI
- Incentive for Digital Transaction: Re 1 per transaction for maximum upto100 transactions (monthly)
- Marketing Support: National Committee for Marketing (NCM) will provide services such as Quality Certification, Branding & Promotion, E-commerce linkage, Trade Fairs advertising, publicity and other marketing activities.
PM Vishwakarma Scheme Objectives
The objectives of the scheme are as given below:
- To enable the recognition of artisans and craftspeople as Vishwakarma making them eligible to avail all the benefits under the Scheme.
- To provide skill upgradation to hone their skills and make relevant and suitable training opportunities available to them.
- To provide support for better and modern tools to enhance their capability, productivity, and quality of products.
- To provide the intended beneficiaries an easy access to collateral free credit and reduce the cost of credit by providing interest subvention.
- To provide incentives for digital transaction to encourage the digital empowerment of these Vishwakarmas.
- To provide a platform for brand promotion and market linkages to help them access new opportunities for growth.
PM Vishwakarma Scheme Eligibility
- An artisan or craftsperson working with hands and tools and engaged in one of the 18 family-based traditional trades mentioned in the scheme, in unorganized sector on self-employment basis, shall be eligible for registration under PM Vishwakarma.
- The minimum age of the beneficiary should be 18 years on the date of registration.
- The beneficiary should be engaged in the concerned trade on the date of registration and should not have availed loans under similar credit-based schemes of Central Government or State Government for self-employment/ business development, e.g. PMEGP, PM SVANidhi, Mudra, in the past 5 years.
- The registration and benefits under the Scheme shall be restricted to one member of the family. For availing benefits under the Scheme, a ‘family’ is defined as consisting of the husband, wife and unmarried children.
- A person in government service and their family members shall not be eligible under the Scheme.
PM Vishwakarma Scheme Who can apply?
- Carpenter (Suthar)
- Boat Maker
Iron/Metal Based*/ Stone Based
- Blacksmith (Lohar)
- Hammer and Tool Kit Maker
- Sculptor (Moortikar, stone carver), Stone Breaker
- Goldsmith (Sunar)
- Potter (Kumhaar)
- Cobbler (Charmakar)/
Shoesmith/ Footwear Artisan
- Mason (Raajmistri)
- Basket/ Mat/ Broom Maker/ Coir Weaver
- Doll & Toy Maker (Traditional)
- Barber (Naai)
- Garland Maker (Malakaar)
- Washerman (Dhobi)
- Tailor (Darzi)
- Fishing Net Maker
Note: (*) Also includes manufacture of Bronze, Brass, Copper, Dias, Utensils, Figurines, etc.
How to register and apply online for PM Vishwakarma?
- Step 1: Do your mobile authentication and Aadhaar EKYC
- Step 2: Apply for the registration form
- Step 3: Download the PM Vishwakarma Digital ID and Certificate
- Step 4: Apply for different Components