The government of Odisha introduced Bio-floc-based farming and aims to promote sustainable intensification of freshwater fish and brackish water shrimp farming for boosting productivity and generating high income in a limited area and during the current 5000 nos. of Bio-floc tanks will be developed under this program with subsidy support under the state plan.
The objective of the program are:-
- To promote high-yielding intensive fish farming in small areas using Bio-floc technology.
- To encourage farmers, entrepreneurs, and unemployed youth into income generation through a small-scale Bio-floc farming system.
SCHEME SUBSIDY :
- The total outlay under the said program is Rs.2525.00 lakh.
- The unit cost different models.
- The unit cost different models.
- Subsidy assistance is @40% of the unit cost for the General Category and @60% of the Unit Cost for the SC / ST / Women Category.
- The subsidy amount shall be released to the Aadhaar linked Bank Account of the beneficiary in two phases. 40% of the subsidy shall be released after the installation of the Bio-floc unit. Rest 60% back-ended subsidy shall be released after the completion of the project.
- The beneficiary shall construct the Bio-floc unit as per the minimum design and specification shown in the above tables.
- Items from Sl. No.3 to 6 in the tables are optional. · Details of the 4 Tanks Model and 6 Tanks Model are given in the Guidelines of the Scheme.
- Increased Productivity: The adoption of bio-floc technology in aquaculture can lead to increased productivity by maintaining optimal water quality conditions. The technology helps in controlling water parameters such as dissolved oxygen, ammonia, and nitrate levels, thereby creating a conducive environment for fish and shrimp growth.
- Water Conservation: Bio-floc technology promotes water conservation by minimizing the need for water exchange in aquaculture systems. The microbial communities formed in bio-floc tanks help in recycling nutrients and reducing water wastage, making it a sustainable approach to aquaculture.
- Cost Reduction: By reducing the dependence on water exchange and minimizing the usage of artificial feeds, the adoption of bio-floc technology can potentially lead to cost savings for fish and shrimp farmers. This can contribute to the economic viability of aquaculture operations.
- Environmental Sustainability: The implementation of bio-floc technology aligns with the goal of environmental sustainability in aquaculture. The technology reduces the release of effluents into natural water bodies, mitigating the potential negative impacts on the environment.
- Skill Development and Capacity Building: The initiative may include training and capacity-building programs for farmers, providing them with knowledge and skills related to bio-floc technology and its application in aquaculture. This can empower farmers with the necessary expertise to adopt and adapt to modern aquaculture practices.
- Farmers interested to take up grow-out tanks, nurseries, and seed tanks; fish and shrimp hatchery operators; private entrepreneurs; unemployed youth are eligible to avail of the assistance under this scheme. Priority will be given to unemployed educated youth since Bio-floc farming involves advanced technology, and the beneficiary has to undergo specialized training on Bio-floc systems, before the operation of the unit.
- The eligible brackish water shrimp farms/ nursery and seed tanks/ hatchery beneficiaries must have a concerned license from Coastal Aquaculture Authority.
- The support will be in the form of back-ended assistance for the installation of a Bio-floc system inside a shed with PVC/ brick masonry tanks, water supply, drain, and aeration units.
- The assistance under the special package will be available to the above categories of beneficiaries with a minimum of 2 tanks and a maximum of 6 tanks.
- If a beneficiary has availed subsidy earlier for installation of Bio-floc unit under different schemes of Government of India and State Government, for less than 6 nos. of tanks, He/ She shall also be eligible to avail further subsidy under this scheme. However, in such cases, the subsidy shall be limited to a maximum of 6 tanks which will include the installation of tanks earlier.
Step 1: Visit the official website of the Fisheries & Animal Resources Development Department.
Step 2: Click on the “Scheme” Categories and select “Fisheries Scheme” on the home page.
Step 3: Click on Download in the column of the ‘Brief Description of the Scheme” of “Subsidy for Bio-floc Technology based Intensive Shrimp & Fish Farming (2020-21)”
Step 4: Download the “Brief Description of the Scheme” pdf.
Step 5: You will land on the Pdf Page. Read all the details in the pdf. Scroll down to Annexure-1 for the Application process.
Step 6: Fill in the application form with accurate and complete details, ensuring that all required fields are properly filled.
Step 7: Gather the necessary supporting documents as specified in the application form or guidelines.
Step 8: Submit the completed application form online to the Directorate of Fisheries, Odisha, Cuttack through email- firstname.lastname@example.org and supporting documents through the designated mode of submission, such as online submission, email, or physical submission to the relevant authorities.
- Identification Proof (Aadhaar Card)
- Land Document (Photocopy)
- If a Bank loan is already taken, Consent Letter from Bank
- Bank A/C No. with IFS Code for DBT (Photocopy)