A pension scheme by the Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports to provide additional financial security to sportspersons post-retirement from active sports career in the form of a lifetime pension, payable on attaining the age of 30 years (or date of retirement from active sports whichever is later).
The need for assured monthly income through annuity for outstanding sportspersons has become imperative due to the fact that sportspersons spend prime of their youth in pursuit of intensive training, sacrificing other beneficial opportunities normally available.
Rate of Pension – (Rs./per month) –
- Medallists at the Olympic Games / Paralympic Games: 20,000
- Gold medallists at the World Cup/World Championship* in Olympic and Asian Games disciplines: 16,000
- Silver and Bronze medallists at the World Cup in Olympic and Asian Games disciplines: 14,000
- Gold medallists of the Asian/Commonwealth Games/Para Asian Games: 14,000
- Silver and Bronze medallists of the Asian/Commonwealth Games/ Para Asian Games: 12,000
- The applicant must be a sportsperson.
- The applicant must have won a Gold, Silver, or Bronze medal in an international competition, i.e. Olympic Games, World Cup / World Championships in Olympics and Asian Games disciplines, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games and Paralympic Games.
Step 1: Take print of the prescribed proforma of the application form and the Mandate Form given in Annexure-I and Annexure-II of the scheme guidelines available at:
Step 2: The duly filled application along with the required documents are to be sent to the address of the concerned National Sports Federation for recommendation.
The List of Recognised National Sports Federations for the Year 2020-2021 is provided in the link below –
- Proof of Age / DOB
- Bank Details
- Documents that are a proof of winning Gold, Silver or Bronze medal(s) in international competition