The National Jute Board Act, 2008, provides to “secure better working conditions and provisions and improvement of amenities and incentives for workers engaged in the jute industry” under Section, 5(2)(xxii) for the welfare of workers in jute-producing units. In line with the same, NJB is going to extend support to the workers’ families to motivate them towards educating their girl children, a scholarship scheme as a Workers’ Welfare measure.
Objectives of the Scheme:
The objectives of the Scholarship Scheme for Girl Children of Jute Mills / MSMEs Workers are:
- To provide financial incentive to the girl children of the workers of the Jute Mills/MSMEs, upon passing the Secondary and Higher Secondary examinations to encourage them to acquire the minimum required education for making them employable;
- To encourage workers to work in the jute industry and to remain there for longer period, hence help reduce workers’ attrition rate, which is big problem of the Industry;
- To help Jute Mills/MSME units to face lesser labour problems;
- The enhance Millers-Workers relationship.
- To make the workers feel socially protected through such welfare measures for their children;
- To support women empowerment through Girl Children education.
- Secondary Education (for Girls only ): ₹ 5,000/- (Five thousand)
- Higher Secondary Education (for Girls only): ₹ 10,000/- (Ten thousand)
- Scholarship to the girl children on Passing out the Examination in 2021(2021-22), 2022 (2022-23), 2023 (2023-24), 2024 (2024-25), 2025 (2025-26) – Total 5 Years (2021-26) 15th Finance Commission period.
- The scheme will be applicable to the girl children of the workers of Jute Mills and MSME – JDP units engaged in the production of jute products.
- Jute Mills shall scrutinize/verify the applications and certify that the information is found to be correct with a signature and stamp. After scrutiny/verification/certification, Mill shall enclose a copy of the current pay slip of the worker against respective applications and forward it to IJMA.
- JDP units / Jute MSME Units shall scrutinize/ verify the applications and certify that the information is found to be correct with signature and stamp. After scrutiny/ verification/ certification, JDP units shall enclose a copy of the ESI (Identity Certificate) of the worker against respective applications and forward it to JPDEPC or through other Authorised Institutions, as approved by the Monitoring Committee (MC).
- Admit Card of the Examination passed
- Mark Sheet of the Examination passed
- Certificate issued by the Board/Council, the Controller of Examination
- Aadhar / Voter ID of the applicant
- Bank details – Copy of the Bank Pass Book (Bank Account must be Aadhar linked)
- The current month’s pay slip of the worker
- ESI Identity Certificate of the worker – for JDP Unit
- A declaration/ affidavit stating that the applicant has not claimed/ received any such scholarship/financial benefit of this nature on passing out the examination from State/Central Government Departments. A false declaration by the applicant will be seriously viewed, and the Scholarship amount will be recovered from the applicant and the concerned Jute Mill/JDP unit.